Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- 20/20 Report - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTLLfdcJE0Q
Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PTSD)
- Dateline NBC video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViOlBfFu9qk
Rational Emotive & Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (RECBT)
- REBT Network - The link provides an overview of the RECBT process and key components. The site also includes free downloadable books on Happiness and stress management.
- The New Zealand Center for Rational Emotive Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (RECBT) - Many handouts, downloads, information about stress management and other psychological issues.
- Psych Central - A comprehensive site with materials, links and quizzes for consumers, book reviews, support groups and even live chats with professionals.
- Kids Health - Information you can trust for patients, kids and teens.
- Dr. Bob's Mental Health Links - The site lists a wide variety of organized links to specialized sites for a variety of psychological problems.
With thousands of mental health apps out there it's hard to determine which apps are researched and evidence based. The following are by many reputable sources (all are free):
- PTSD Coach which offers a crisis intervention for those suffering from flashbacks and overwhelming emotions.
- Pacifica which offers a full service array of tools, including journaling, chat groups, guided deep breathing, and a thought diary.
- SAM (Self -Help for anxiety management)
- Super Better a self help app for teens featuring game like activities designed to cope with difficult circumstances.
- Breathe2Relax a personalized stress management program
- Mood Tools a program helping people experiencing depression. The app includes information, tests, videos, activities, and safety plans.